Resume & Cover Letter Workshop (plus Resume Review) - session 1 In-Person
The Career Coach is back for a Resume and Cover Letter Workshop and Resume Review. This program will be offered twice today: in the morning from 10am to 12pm and in the afternoon from 1pm to 3pm.
Why should you attend the Resume & Cover Letter Workshop?
- Find out about the best free resources to help with formatting a resume
- Update the language on your resume with action verbs; say goodbye to over-used phrases and fluffy verbiage that takes up valuable space without a payoff
- Understand the importance of cover letters
- Learn about the Applicant Tracking System. What is it? How do companies use it to sift through piles of resumes and screen candidates? How can you beat it using keywords and formatting?
Don’t forget to bring a copy of your current resume so you can get tips to create a powerful, up-to-date document to land your dream-job interview!
Both sessions offer the same material – a PowerPoint presentation followed by a 1:1 resume critique with the coach facilitator. You only need to sign up for one!
What is the Career Coach? A mobile computer lab that provides digital literacy outreach, job search assistance & the Resume/Cover Letter Workshop.
All sessions are free to attend, but registration is required.
The Career Coach bus will be parked on Main St near the front of the library.
- Wednesday, January 18, 2023
- 10:00am - 12:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)